Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year, New Coach, New Season, New Hope

I hope to write again today once I have watched the press conference. If the news is true and Toronto has moved out Paul Mariner, I am truly happy. This is great news in my book. Paul Mariner had two years to turn good ship TFC around and it had run aground. He seemed to lack leadership skills and personality skills. He wanted to be treated as if the Winter approach had nothing to do with him. It made him look like a selfish guy who hoped Winter would fail.

I am not blind to the possible negatives of starting again.

Perhaps the TFC curse has simply begun a new chapter. A new coach, untested and unproven is  unveiled and we fans know this always ends badly. Sometimes being a fan turns out to be the most fun when having a little faith is required.

No comments: