Friday, March 16, 2007

blog preamble

It is time to start writing about the season ahead. I need to blog about Toronto FC and the joys and sorrows of supporting a team. I suspect that I could be a fan of the team, the blog wouldn't make much sense without that inkling.

I have purchased two season tickets for 2007. Cheap seats, but not the cheapest. I don't see myself as a chanting/singing ultra (a little middle aged for that) but could become a fan.

I am a fan of the game and am slightly acquainted with the MLS. Twice, on visits to Los Angeles, I have attended MLS games. One was at the Rose Bowl and the other at the new HomeDepot Centre in Carson. Yes, I understand the arguments about the quality of play within the MLS. There is a vast gulf between play at the big global soccer level and what will be on offer in TO. No question.

But you have to support the local product. You have to start somewhere and be happy that we are starting at all. Could it happen ?? Can a MLS team with a brand new soccer-only stadium connect with the local fans of the game ? Selling 14000 season tickets indicates a huge hunger. I am willing to buy my ticket and be a witness.

I am new to blogging. Not sure where I can go with this. I do follow a few teams through the eyes of entertaining bloggers. Maybe I can fashion something that is informative or opinionated or fun, a way to follow the team and enjoy the season. A good blog should contribute to the conversation that surrounds anything worth caring about. With that in mind.......


cheers

No comments: