Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Barely friendly TFCll - 1 (Osorio) Sunderland - 2 (Defoe)




I don't want to give this friendly game with Sutherland more attention than it deserves. I watched the game on youtube and thanks must go to TFC for putting up a stream and having a play by play. I watch, I blog.

 TFC looked competitive for the first 25 minutes with a strong enough starting 11. Sunderland seemed to be in an ill temper. I forget who wiped out Jackson early on, but it was Larson who got a yellow card for a rugby tackle on Lovitz's head. I felt that Lovitz got a yellow for trying to push him off.

Vanney was smart to limit his starter's minutes and had a change of 8 players in the midst of the first half.

So by the time that Jermain Defoe (remember him?) scored his two goals he had been playing against TFCII (plus Osorio, Creavalle and Morgan) for more than 25 minutes.

Bono made some strong saves. Manella and Chapman play well together. Glad it's over and done with.

Hello Columbus on Saturday.

No comments: