Sunday, July 5, 2015

TFC 0 DC United 0 - soccer insights nil



A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policing, and coercion are fruitless. We find that after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.


I did not attend this game. Instead I went on a journey...
I should have been more proactive and asked somebody to share some insights into the match. Sorry TFC fans....

I attended the Solid Sound Festival in North Adams, Massachusetts.

This was the fourth Solid Sound Festival
I have attended every one of them.

My fondness for Wilco has (years ago) reached overflow and now covers Solid Sound and MASS MoCa and North Adams and the Berkshires. The music flows. The setting is an incredible jumble of natural beauty, industrial abandonment and artistic expression. If the American Dream is a multi-faceted jewel of entry points, this festival and the music of Wilco is an entry point that I cherish. Every single day we Canadians are exposed to a media barrage of a demented and hurt America. It takes a guitar chord reaching my ears while I stand in Joe's Field to remember that their is a healing and hopeful America too. I am intensely grateful to be a part of it, surrounded by family, friends and fellow Wilco devotees...



All acoustic set Friday night


 I did not take this video...but wish I had...

No comments: